Powered by WebAds

Sunday, April 09, 2006

The Last Pesach

This will be (G-d willing) our last Pesach in Golus.....I should be cleaning.

I realized yesterday, as friends stopped by to join us for kiddush and some after-kiddush song and drinks, that we won't be here next year for the annual round of visits, meals, friendly rejoiners, shared sorrows and joys of this small yishuv nestled in our valley.

I should be cleaning.....

Among the many things I will miss is our small community. That sounds so trite, but it is true. We've belonged to larger shuls in our non-frum past; this humble little shul with its disparate personalities has been home and spiritual haven and moral support for the last nine years.

I should be cleaning....

We've seen fellow congregants marry, move away, start new families; we've seen our peers bury their parents in grief; we've shared the tribulations of child-raising; we sat in each other's sukkot and around each other's Shabbat tables. We've been a chavura of about 15-20 regulars, and always happy to welcome newcomers.

I should be cleaning....

Jerusalem will be different. A big city, full of shuls, overflowing with Yidden. How will we navigate our way? How will we find a spiritual home in Baka?

I should be cleaning....

H"S has made the way smooth for us, so I need to set aside my worries and accept that He will provide what we need when we get there.....so I'm going to go clean. I'll take care of the chametz, and He will take care of us.

4 Comments:

Blogger Toto said...

cute. To each of your "I should be cleaning" phrases, I was saying to myself in my head.....

Dayenu! :) I'm over pesach before it has begun! :)

exhausted from my son's 5th birthday party today at the house, I too, SHOULD BE CLEANING! ugh....Calgon...take US away!!!

ps. let me know on my blog ASAP when you get your "letter" and I'll do the same! :)

Monday, April 10, 2006 at 2:48:00 AM GMT+3  
Blogger aliyah06 said...

I promise, I will---all I've received so far is an email telling me what else remains to be done (they want photocopies of our visas and 3 more passport photos).

HOW can you possibly do a 5th birthday party and THEN do the Marathon Pesach (you know, the one that starts Wed night, goes Thurs night followed immediately by Shabbat)?? Arghhh!

Monday, April 10, 2006 at 3:49:00 AM GMT+3  
Blogger Jill said...

Your echoing phrase of, "I should be cleaning", must be the mantra for most women! I am waiting to hear if Bob's sister & husband from Bend, Oregon will be here for the Easter holiday or not.? The last minute preparations for the guest bedroom and a menu are running through my head, as well as, I should be cleaning...but is it too early...will I have to re-do what I have just done?! UGH~sigh...it's a womans lament!

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 at 12:36:00 AM GMT+3  
Blogger Toto said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 at 8:16:00 PM GMT+3  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • N:A-LI-YAH
  • Ilana-Davita
  • West Bank Mama
  • South Jerusalem
  • Daled Amos
  • Ki Yachol Nuchal!
  • What War Zone?
  • Alissa's Aliyah Adventure
  • Treppenwitz
  • The Traveller Within
  • Moving On Up
  • My Shrapnel
  • The Big Felafel
  • Jacob Richman's Home Page
  • How To Measure The Years
  • An Unsealed Room
  • Middle East Pundit
  • Meryl Yourish
  • Elder of Ziyon
  • Israel Insider
  • The Muqata
  • Zabaj
  • The Jerusalem Post
  • Cox and Forkum
  • Day By Day
  • Jewish World Review
  • MidEast Truth Cartoons
  • Dry Bones
  • Step By Step
  • Greetings From The French Hill
  • Jerusalem Is The Place To Be
  • Camera
  • Israelity
  • Cross Currents
  • Slightly Mad
  • Israellycool
  • Chayyeisarah
  • Josh's Photos
  • Tel Chai Nation
  • AAFAQ
  • Good Neighbors Blog
  • The Sudanese Thinker
  • We Blog For Darfur
  • Rantings of a Sandmonkey
  • The Big Pharaoh
  • Iraq The Model
  • Previous Posts
  • Esther's Grandma
  • It's Just A House
  • NBN Flight Dates
  • 5 Star Aliyah
  • addendum
  • Good News, Bad News
  • Things I Will Miss
  • Purimspiel
  • Political Blogs
  • The Undiscovered Country
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Jerusalem, Israel

    Powered by Blogger