Powered by WebAds

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

NBN Flight Dates

The house goes on the market next week, the shippers are coming to pack us up in May--and we still hadn't heard from NBN about the aliyah flights. I decided to take a chance and call them this morning--and connected with a very nice young person who told me the charter flight confirmations JUST came in today. The NBN staffer's information is that the flights are:

July 5th

July 19th

August 9th

August 15th

September (I didn't catch the date--too excited about July)

I asked that the staffer note our preferred date of July 5th on our file but it won't be official until we receive a letter or email detailing the dates available and returning the letter/email with our preferences. Now I'm checking the mail religiously, daily if not hourly.

This is later than we wanted to leave--we were hoping for June but hey! everything happens for a reason, so I will accept this and look at it as an opportunity -- as extra time to say our goodbyes here. I may make it up the north coast to visit an old friend, after all; I may squeeze in one last trip to Yosemite. I may have more time to spend with my beloved cousins and good friends.

3 Comments:

Blogger Toto said...

wow--this is really happening, isn't it!!! thanks for the heads up that you had this info! We were aiming for July 11, so it will be interesting what flight they put us on, is that the way it works? July 5 is our 8th wedding anniversary. How wild would that be? Oh my...........if it was the 5th, that would mean we are that much closer, AARGH! deep breaths in....deep breaths out......

fyi: I too am checking the mail like a teenager waiting to get into college!

thanks again..........let me know when you get your letter, and I'll let you know when I get mine. They DID tell me at least before pesach, but the suspense here is killing me!

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 at 9:47:00 PM GMT+2  
Blogger aliyah06 said...

Me. too! I HAD to call this morning--it was just too crazy trying to figure out how to sell the house, when to close, if to rent-back and if so, for how long, when the shippers should come pack it up---it was just NUTS doing this in the dark. My timing was fortuitous--they JUST got the info, so I had to write you immediately, knowing that like me, you're on the edge of your seat waiting for word!

I'll tell you as soon as I get a letter or email from them!

Hey, if you went the 5th, we could be on the same flight! ((-:

Happy anniversary in advance!

Thursday, March 30, 2006 at 6:18:00 AM GMT+2  
Blogger Kapara said...

July 5 is a good day!!! Does that mean you will be here for my Birthday?

If the packers are coming in May and your not leaving till July... that is allot of time. I need more details I will call soon.

I put THE CHECK in the bank today it should take a month or two to clear. NO JOKE she said that it would take at least a month! Thank goodness I don't need the money.

Thursday, March 30, 2006 at 7:41:00 PM GMT+2  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • N:A-LI-YAH
  • Ilana-Davita
  • West Bank Mama
  • South Jerusalem
  • Daled Amos
  • Ki Yachol Nuchal!
  • What War Zone?
  • Alissa's Aliyah Adventure
  • Treppenwitz
  • The Traveller Within
  • Moving On Up
  • My Shrapnel
  • The Big Felafel
  • Jacob Richman's Home Page
  • How To Measure The Years
  • An Unsealed Room
  • Middle East Pundit
  • Meryl Yourish
  • Elder of Ziyon
  • Israel Insider
  • The Muqata
  • Zabaj
  • The Jerusalem Post
  • Cox and Forkum
  • Day By Day
  • Jewish World Review
  • MidEast Truth Cartoons
  • Dry Bones
  • Step By Step
  • Greetings From The French Hill
  • Jerusalem Is The Place To Be
  • Camera
  • Israelity
  • Cross Currents
  • Slightly Mad
  • Israellycool
  • Chayyeisarah
  • Josh's Photos
  • Tel Chai Nation
  • AAFAQ
  • Good Neighbors Blog
  • The Sudanese Thinker
  • We Blog For Darfur
  • Rantings of a Sandmonkey
  • The Big Pharaoh
  • Iraq The Model
  • Previous Posts
  • 5 Star Aliyah
  • addendum
  • Good News, Bad News
  • Things I Will Miss
  • Purimspiel
  • Political Blogs
  • The Undiscovered Country
  • No Guns, No Motorcycles
  • Ilan Halimi
  • Another Step Forward
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Jerusalem, Israel

    Powered by Blogger