Powered by WebAds

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

addendum

Now its Good News--Good News. The rain is pouring down in torrents, we're sitting in the living room, tired and miserable because Smokey has gone missing. The Husband announces he is going out in the storm to look for her. We haven't seen the kitty since yesterday, which makes us think she slipped out while we were moving boxes and bags into the garage, out to the dumpster and to the truck. I announce I'm going with him, storm or no storm, because I'm miserable at the thought of her outside.

As we're changing into storm gear before stomping out into the weather, we hear a faint 'meow.' I'm looking right AT our other cat, whose mouth never moved, so we know it wasn't him. We rush to the front and back doors, stand outside, me in the back yard and the Husband in the front yard, calling.

Nothing. Silence.

I come back inside while the Husband continues to hunt through the wet underbrush of the front yard's borders, and open my lower drawer to pull out a pair of warm socks Yona had given me---and who is sleepily getting to her feet and stretching, but Smokey. The cat must've thought I'd lost my mind--I grabbed her and held her close and laughed with relief. I carried her up to the front of the house and knocked on the full length window next to the front door. The Husband looked up from his search, did a double take, and rushed back into the house.

Smokey wasn't impressed. She jumped out of my arms and ran to the litter box for a World Record pee.

We worked out that yesterday when we were moving clothes around and getting rid of items, she climbed into the open lower dresser drawer, snuggled among the grey socks and gray flannel nightgown and went to sleep.

She's curling around my feet and purring as I write this. We are sooooo relieved.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

Gives a whole new meaning to a 'cat nap'....sorry....I just couldn't resist. I am so happy that you didn't have to go through an ordeal to find Smokey...our fur-babies can bring out our nuturing instincts and everything associated with parental worry. Just glad your kitty is safe & sound!

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 at 5:42:00 PM GMT+2  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • N:A-LI-YAH
  • Ilana-Davita
  • West Bank Mama
  • South Jerusalem
  • Daled Amos
  • Ki Yachol Nuchal!
  • What War Zone?
  • Alissa's Aliyah Adventure
  • Treppenwitz
  • The Traveller Within
  • Moving On Up
  • My Shrapnel
  • The Big Felafel
  • Jacob Richman's Home Page
  • How To Measure The Years
  • An Unsealed Room
  • Middle East Pundit
  • Meryl Yourish
  • Elder of Ziyon
  • Israel Insider
  • The Muqata
  • Zabaj
  • The Jerusalem Post
  • Cox and Forkum
  • Day By Day
  • Jewish World Review
  • MidEast Truth Cartoons
  • Dry Bones
  • Step By Step
  • Greetings From The French Hill
  • Jerusalem Is The Place To Be
  • Camera
  • Israelity
  • Cross Currents
  • Slightly Mad
  • Israellycool
  • Chayyeisarah
  • Josh's Photos
  • Tel Chai Nation
  • AAFAQ
  • Good Neighbors Blog
  • The Sudanese Thinker
  • We Blog For Darfur
  • Rantings of a Sandmonkey
  • The Big Pharaoh
  • Iraq The Model
  • Previous Posts
  • Good News, Bad News
  • Things I Will Miss
  • Purimspiel
  • Political Blogs
  • The Undiscovered Country
  • No Guns, No Motorcycles
  • Ilan Halimi
  • Another Step Forward
  • Benchmarks
  • Space Bags and Other Great Ideas
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Jerusalem, Israel

    Powered by Blogger