Powered by WebAds

Friday, October 10, 2008

"Duh" Moments in Jewish Life

Short because we're now on winter hours and Shabbat is rolling in early....

These are the "duh" moments of my chagim:

Pesach -- stopping in the midst of the kitchen kashering routine and wondering in exhausted bemusement, "Now how did I kasher that toaster last year?".....DUH!

Yom Kippur -- turning off the refrigerator light. Helllllooooo? Now just why would we be in the refrigerator? DUH!

I topped that a few years ago by not only turning off the 'fridge light on Yom Kippur but also putting out the blech and the kum-kum. For the morning coffee I'm not going to drink, natch.

Anyone else do this or am I the only one who goes brain dead at these times?

2 Comments:

Blogger aliyah06 said...

Thank you--now I don't feel like I'm nuts....there was a reason! It's just that the "baby" is now 18, and no one goes in the 'fridge, so I stood there wondering why I kept turning off the light every year......

Friday, October 10, 2008 at 4:33:00 PM GMT+2  
Blogger Batya said...

You make the kitchen ready for the grandchildren to eat when the kids no longer do. And I have friends who have to eat. I don't remember giving more than yogurt, crackers, pretzels and fruit, but I had to put the platta up for the grandchildren.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 at 7:32:00 PM GMT+2  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • N:A-LI-YAH
  • Ilana-Davita
  • West Bank Mama
  • South Jerusalem
  • Daled Amos
  • Ki Yachol Nuchal!
  • What War Zone?
  • Alissa's Aliyah Adventure
  • Treppenwitz
  • The Traveller Within
  • Moving On Up
  • My Shrapnel
  • The Big Felafel
  • Jacob Richman's Home Page
  • How To Measure The Years
  • An Unsealed Room
  • Middle East Pundit
  • Meryl Yourish
  • Elder of Ziyon
  • Israel Insider
  • The Muqata
  • Zabaj
  • The Jerusalem Post
  • Cox and Forkum
  • Day By Day
  • Jewish World Review
  • MidEast Truth Cartoons
  • Dry Bones
  • Step By Step
  • Greetings From The French Hill
  • Jerusalem Is The Place To Be
  • Camera
  • Israelity
  • Cross Currents
  • Slightly Mad
  • Israellycool
  • Chayyeisarah
  • Josh's Photos
  • Tel Chai Nation
  • AAFAQ
  • Good Neighbors Blog
  • The Sudanese Thinker
  • We Blog For Darfur
  • Rantings of a Sandmonkey
  • The Big Pharaoh
  • Iraq The Model
  • Previous Posts
  • Coffee Table Politics
  • Throw The Bums Out!
  • This Week In Home Construction
  • Bee Season, A Gift To The World
  • Dear Washington D.C.
  • Why We Love Our Children....
  • New Home Jitters
  • Travels With Yossi: How Not To Be A Freier
  • Groveling To The Radical Chic
  • Yom, Yom Huledet
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Jerusalem, Israel

    Powered by Blogger