Powered by WebAds

Sunday, September 21, 2008

New Home Jitters

I should be following Livni's attempts to form a government. I should be watching the U.S. elections more closely. I should be paying attention to Ahmadinijahd's latest bellicosity. I should be perusing the latest developments in the world-wide financial meltdown. I should be helping Nir Barkat get elected mayor of Jerusalem. I should be involved in doing "something" about the educational system here. I should be volunteering at a food bank I've wanted to help at. I should be back in ulpan.

I'm doing none of these things because I am absolutely paralyzed by New Home Jitters. Jitters over final payments; jitters over last-minute builder/installer mistakes; jitters over packing and moving.

The Husband is right. This is the last move. We're tooooo old to do this any more. I can no longer multi-task.

I could do this in the Old Country, BUT I was younger, fluent in the native tongue, accustomed to the BS and knew how to handle it.

This morning the Builder telephoned. There is some problem I didn't understand having to do with electricity and the elevator. Nu? So why is he calling me? I still don't know. Yossi grabbed the phone and talked to him; they joked around a bit, Yossi told him "no problem," and returned the cellphone to me.

"What?!" I asked, in a fog of anxiety.

"Nothing, Sarah. There's no problem. I'll fix it," he assured me. "Fixing it" somehow involves contacting Chevrei Hashmal, which also didn't reassure me. Yossi had taken us there at the beginning of construction to get some paperwork processed that okayed extra electrical work. Don't ask me what -- I just did what he told me to do.

Yossi called me an hour later and told me he'd handled it all on the telephone, and not to worry.

Not to worry? Words to live by....someday I'll try not to worry. Just not today.

2 Comments:

Blogger rutimizrachi said...

Enjoy your worry. Not all stews are made in a pot. ;-)

Then, remember that Ribono shel Olam, who loves you, runs the world.

"Yih'yeh beseder."

Sunday, September 21, 2008 at 1:46:00 PM GMT+3  
Blogger aliyah06 said...

I've GOT to remember that I'M not the One in charge.....yih'yeh beseder, b'ezrat H"S!

Sunday, September 21, 2008 at 4:11:00 PM GMT+3  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • N:A-LI-YAH
  • Ilana-Davita
  • West Bank Mama
  • South Jerusalem
  • Daled Amos
  • Ki Yachol Nuchal!
  • What War Zone?
  • Alissa's Aliyah Adventure
  • Treppenwitz
  • The Traveller Within
  • Moving On Up
  • My Shrapnel
  • The Big Felafel
  • Jacob Richman's Home Page
  • How To Measure The Years
  • An Unsealed Room
  • Middle East Pundit
  • Meryl Yourish
  • Elder of Ziyon
  • Israel Insider
  • The Muqata
  • Zabaj
  • The Jerusalem Post
  • Cox and Forkum
  • Day By Day
  • Jewish World Review
  • MidEast Truth Cartoons
  • Dry Bones
  • Step By Step
  • Greetings From The French Hill
  • Jerusalem Is The Place To Be
  • Camera
  • Israelity
  • Cross Currents
  • Slightly Mad
  • Israellycool
  • Chayyeisarah
  • Josh's Photos
  • Tel Chai Nation
  • AAFAQ
  • Good Neighbors Blog
  • The Sudanese Thinker
  • We Blog For Darfur
  • Rantings of a Sandmonkey
  • The Big Pharaoh
  • Iraq The Model
  • Previous Posts
  • Travels With Yossi: How Not To Be A Freier
  • Groveling To The Radical Chic
  • Yom, Yom Huledet
  • Catch of the Day
  • Hate From The Rabidocrats
  • Zero Four
  • A Public Correction
  • Cause and Effect?
  • Urban Planning
  • Who's On First?
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Jerusalem, Israel

    Powered by Blogger