Powered by WebAds

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Zero Four

It's here!!

Actually, we don't have it in hand yet, but we have it from reliable inside super-secret sources that the kablan has it!

For those readers Stateside, the "04," also known as "the key," is the transfer of title from the builder to the buyer.

After over a year of anticipation, hair-pulling, agonizing, money-juggling and paying too much rent, we're finally getting into our new place!!

I'm not looking forward to moving--it's always a pain to pack. I'm not looking forward to the headache of changing the phones, getting the utilities in our name, changing the teudat zehut.

I AM looking forward to finally being in my own home with, as Maureen O'Hara put it so aptly in The Quiet Man, "with all of my own things around me." I'm looking forward to paying ONLY the mortgage instead of both mortgage and rent (again, for the Statesiders, when you buy, you start paying the mortgage immediately, never mind you can't move into the place for 14 months!).

I'm looking forward to being settled.

And given Olmert's most recent posture on Givat Ze'ev, French Hill, Gilo and Ma'aleh Adumim, I'm glad I'm "settling" in Har Homa.

I'm sure that my neighborhood is under discussion also. If Olmert-The-Idiot is willing to "negotiate" Gilo, he's probably willing to negotiate Har Homa.

I'm an NRA member. The most famous saying of the NRA* is "You'll get my gun when you pry it out of my cold, dead fingers." I feel much the same way about my home.

It looks like we'll be homeward bound shortly, and moved in and "settled" by the end of October.

Happy New Year, indeed!

*but absolutely the best and most accurate NRA saying is this one: "A man with a gun is a citizen; a man without a gun is a subject."

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

B'Shaah Tova!!!!

Do you need the name of a mover? We were very happy with ours.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 at 2:45:00 PM GMT+3  
Blogger aliyah06 said...

superraizy--Thank you!! We are so excited!

Safranit--thank you! Yes, we're taking recommendations. We have one guy coming tonight to give us an estimate (he moved our daughter) but its always nice to have more "good names."

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 at 3:36:00 PM GMT+3  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great news!

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 at 12:19:00 PM GMT+3  
Blogger JJ said...

That's great news, congrats! Good luck on the move, hope it isn't too stressful!

Thursday, September 18, 2008 at 2:55:00 PM GMT+3  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • N:A-LI-YAH
  • Ilana-Davita
  • West Bank Mama
  • South Jerusalem
  • Daled Amos
  • Ki Yachol Nuchal!
  • What War Zone?
  • Alissa's Aliyah Adventure
  • Treppenwitz
  • The Traveller Within
  • Moving On Up
  • My Shrapnel
  • The Big Felafel
  • Jacob Richman's Home Page
  • How To Measure The Years
  • An Unsealed Room
  • Middle East Pundit
  • Meryl Yourish
  • Elder of Ziyon
  • Israel Insider
  • The Muqata
  • Zabaj
  • The Jerusalem Post
  • Cox and Forkum
  • Day By Day
  • Jewish World Review
  • MidEast Truth Cartoons
  • Dry Bones
  • Step By Step
  • Greetings From The French Hill
  • Jerusalem Is The Place To Be
  • Camera
  • Israelity
  • Cross Currents
  • Slightly Mad
  • Israellycool
  • Chayyeisarah
  • Josh's Photos
  • Tel Chai Nation
  • AAFAQ
  • Good Neighbors Blog
  • The Sudanese Thinker
  • We Blog For Darfur
  • Rantings of a Sandmonkey
  • The Big Pharaoh
  • Iraq The Model
  • Previous Posts
  • A Public Correction
  • Cause and Effect?
  • Urban Planning
  • Who's On First?
  • Temptations
  • Who Remembers What Day It Is Today?
  • Political Intolerance
  • A Million Reasons.....
  • OT: Palin
  • Weigh In On The Discussion!
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Jerusalem, Israel

    Powered by Blogger