Powered by WebAds

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

OT: Un-aliyah-related Meme, just for fun...

I owe this meme to Basya:
----------------------------


Things you may not have known about me........



Four jobs I have had in my life:

Everyone knows I was a prosecutor, but besides that:

1) volunteer at Suicide Prevention following a friend's suicide;

2) layout and national news editor for newspaper;

3) worked for CBS News in their scheduling department (wanted to be in News);

4) international credit and collections for Silicon Valley hi-tech company



Four movies I would watch over and over and over (In no particular order):

1) A Man For All Seasons

2) Legends of the Fall

3) It's A Wonderful Life

4) LOTR




Four places you have lived:

Besides Israel--

1) San Francisco and the surrounding region

2) New England (Boston, Middletown RI)

3) Japan

4) Virginia



Four TV shows you love to watch:

1) Star Trek TNG

2) Law and Order

3) Hill Street Blues

4) As Time Goes By (BBC)



Four places you have been on vacation:

1) Hong Kong/Macao

2) British Columbia

3) car camping all over the West (hey, Judy!)

4) the Berkshires



Four of my favorite foods:


1) sushi

2) Thai

3) Hunan/Szechuan

4) Morrocan



Four places I would rather be right now:

Nowhere, really....

but four places I'd like to see again or for the first time:

1) Taos (hey, Judy!) and the Four Corners region

2) the Gaspe Peninsula in the fall (hey, Judy!)

3) the Canadian Rockies (again) and Vancouver Island (hey, Judy!)

4) Scotland (the Dunnett Tour...)



Four people I wish I could talk to again:

1) My grandparents

2) my mother-in-law (okay, that's five)



Four things you would like to do before time runs out:

1) develop a thicker skin and not get hurt by others' drama;

2) see as much of the world as possible;

3) enjoy every day G-d gives me and make the most of it;

4) make a positive difference in the world;

8 Comments:

Blogger tafka PP said...

And now we feel like we know you so much better!

Wednesday, February 14, 2007 at 12:44:00 PM GMT+2  
Blogger Jill said...

Gracious, how long have we been family?! I didn't know about your 4 jobs...isn't it amazing what we never talked about? I noticed a definite theme in your favorite movies/TV shows justice,honor & integrity, which seems to reflect back to the things you would like to do before time runs out...goals worth pursuing! Much love to you all!!!

Wednesday, February 14, 2007 at 8:20:00 PM GMT+2  
Blogger Ellie's Mom said...

OMG, OMG, OMG.....how many other people would have TNG *and* As Time Goes By on their same list of four. I recorded the entire TNG series in the late 90s and have developed a great sense of how incredibly well done that series was done. Just saw ATGB in the library and plan to take it out and watch it from beginning to end. I ended up just seeing the series willy-nilly on PBS.

I am not a bizarre Trekker or anything (I *won't* wear the uniform ((reference to a movie about Star Trek people by Denise Crosby)) ), but an avid fan. Let's say, I scheduled patients around the opening days of Star Trek movies so I could see the first matinee. But I was particularly impressed by quality of the actors in the extended series. I'm a big Broadway afficianada (once saw 8 shows in 4 days) and one day saw Patrick Stewart in his one man Christmas Carol play (excellent) and Nana Visitor as Roxie Hart in Chicago (she's a superb dancer and her father was like a choreographing partner w/ Bob Fosse!)

Wednesday, February 14, 2007 at 9:24:00 PM GMT+2  
Blogger Basya said...

Wow, I learned many new things about you. It is amazing how many years we have known each other and I didn't know about all the places you have lived and jobs you have had. I have to say that I like Star Trek too. I like the integrity and sense of doing right that threds through all the series and movies. Good goals you have.

Thursday, February 15, 2007 at 12:21:00 AM GMT+2  
Blogger dfb1968 said...

Two life lessons I learned from Klingons:

1) Live with honor
2) Gok is best served live

Thursday, February 15, 2007 at 10:22:00 PM GMT+2  
Blogger aliyah06 said...

tafka pp--well, it was fun to do, albeit maybe not so insightful as a couple of hours over coffee...

jilly--ditto above--amazing how much stuff people just never get around to talking about!

ellie's mom--omigosh! We have the same "watch list"--and I'm really peeved that after bombarding HOT with threatening emails, they caved in and kept BBC Prime BUT they axed ATGB....serious thought is being devoted to ordering it on DVD from BBC and cancelling HOT anyway....

basya--thanks! I couldn't have done this without you {grin} since you sent me the meme!

dfb1968--life without honor is not life at all. Live long and prosper!

Friday, February 16, 2007 at 9:51:00 AM GMT+2  
Blogger JudyD said...

I agree with you completely, by the way, on ATGB!! I still haven't seen all of them, but cherish when I catch up with new ones. I have to get organized!! (right...)

Looks like I/we may be pretty busy pursuing that travel list!!!!

Wednesday, February 21, 2007 at 6:53:00 AM GMT+2  
Blogger aliyah06 said...

judyd--we HAVE to make up for lost time....how long have we planned some of these trips? Think positive: Scotland in '08? If not, Taos will do nicely! {grin}

Wednesday, February 21, 2007 at 3:59:00 PM GMT+2  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • N:A-LI-YAH
  • Ilana-Davita
  • West Bank Mama
  • South Jerusalem
  • Daled Amos
  • Ki Yachol Nuchal!
  • What War Zone?
  • Alissa's Aliyah Adventure
  • Treppenwitz
  • The Traveller Within
  • Moving On Up
  • My Shrapnel
  • The Big Felafel
  • Jacob Richman's Home Page
  • How To Measure The Years
  • An Unsealed Room
  • Middle East Pundit
  • Meryl Yourish
  • Elder of Ziyon
  • Israel Insider
  • The Muqata
  • Zabaj
  • The Jerusalem Post
  • Cox and Forkum
  • Day By Day
  • Jewish World Review
  • MidEast Truth Cartoons
  • Dry Bones
  • Step By Step
  • Greetings From The French Hill
  • Jerusalem Is The Place To Be
  • Camera
  • Israelity
  • Cross Currents
  • Slightly Mad
  • Israellycool
  • Chayyeisarah
  • Josh's Photos
  • Tel Chai Nation
  • AAFAQ
  • Good Neighbors Blog
  • The Sudanese Thinker
  • We Blog For Darfur
  • Rantings of a Sandmonkey
  • The Big Pharaoh
  • Iraq The Model
  • Previous Posts
  • Haveil Havelim Here!
  • Taking The Back Road
  • Arab Incitement?
  • The Music Lesson
  • Friendships
  • Cross-Pollinating Blogs
  • Through The Time Warp To 1955
  • "There's Nothing To Do In Jerusalem"
  • Id al Adha
  • Shalom Bayit and Blogging
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Jerusalem, Israel

    Powered by Blogger