Powered by WebAds

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Cross-Pollinating Blogs

So Blogger has a new format and easier-to-use methodology, or so they say...

After commiserating with Emma S about boys and their foibles, and assuring her that they grow up to be kind, loving, faithful, helpful, caring young men, I forgot to tell her that they are also gadget-happy techno-freaks....my son encouraged me to switch to Blogger's new format. This, of course, requires a Google mail account and password. No Problem--I have one of those! So I happily and unsuspectingly switched to the new system, using my email address and password -- only to find myself in my son's blog.

ARGHHH! I am NOT a 16 year old Trekkie in the Teen Ulpan!!! (I'm, uh, a much OLDER Trekkie but that's another entry...)

So it turns out that in his eagerness to switch his own blog over to the new format, the Boy simply used my email address and password as he didn't have his own Google account. Without telling me. More to the point, without asking. There was trouble-in-River-City Friday afternoon. Fortunately, it WAS Friday afternoon, Erev Shabbat, and things needed to be done and Ima needed to unwind and set aside this frustration and upset in order to welcome Shabbat properly.

A good thing, because now in retrospect it's funny.......

And, no, there's no way to fix this at this point. I know this only because I spent WAYYY too much time perusing the Help section of Blogger. Any advice from the technically-inclined out there would be appreciated--including how to move to something other than Blogger.....

5 Comments:

Blogger Toto said...

so but does this mean that if we're seeing this and reading it that you got it sorted out? so many people have had trouble with this whole NEW blogger thingie, ugh. good luck!

Sunday, January 28, 2007 at 7:15:00 AM GMT+2  
Blogger aliyah06 said...

well, it's kindof sorted out in the sense that I changed my password so I would go to my blog and not his BUT neither of us can have a profile because the profiles don't know which profile belongs where, so we've deleted them for now. Too bad, because his profile was kinda cute....

Sunday, January 28, 2007 at 10:54:00 AM GMT+2  
Blogger Ellie's Mom said...

You know, this one email-address-per-account thing has frosted me in the past in other situations. I wanted to manage the family's frequent traveler programs and consolidate them so I can be the "travel agent." Well, each airline requires a *separate* email address for each account. Oy!! (Well, then my computer crashed and I lost it all anyway, but that's another story.)

On a good note: I went to Bed Bath & Beyond and got the bedding for our new apt in Baka on clearance. 20% with a coupon off the 30% off the clearance price is practically orgasmic. Will bring it at Pesach and store it at my stepdaughter's until we come to take possession in June.

And while I'm writing....Mazal tov!! My daughter got engaged last PM. Wedding about two weeks after we return from our month in Israel in June-July. (Yes, I'm a maniac...lol.)

Sunday, January 28, 2007 at 10:07:00 PM GMT+2  
Blogger Basya said...

Why can't you get additional free email addresses at Hotmail and use them to set up new profiles for blogging?

Monday, January 29, 2007 at 6:12:00 AM GMT+2  
Blogger aliyah06 said...

Basya--you CAN do that but the Boy just went ahead and appropriated the family email account. Had he told me he'd done that, I'd have opened and used another account--but he failed to mention it until I'd already registered with the same email account, and we can't undo it....sigh....

ellie's mom--Mazel tov indeed! That's wonderful news! Yes, you are a maniac {grin}--move to Israel and do a wedding in the same time period? Meshuggah! But it's all good news!

Monday, January 29, 2007 at 1:39:00 PM GMT+2  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • N:A-LI-YAH
  • Ilana-Davita
  • West Bank Mama
  • South Jerusalem
  • Daled Amos
  • Ki Yachol Nuchal!
  • What War Zone?
  • Alissa's Aliyah Adventure
  • Treppenwitz
  • The Traveller Within
  • Moving On Up
  • My Shrapnel
  • The Big Felafel
  • Jacob Richman's Home Page
  • How To Measure The Years
  • An Unsealed Room
  • Middle East Pundit
  • Meryl Yourish
  • Elder of Ziyon
  • Israel Insider
  • The Muqata
  • Zabaj
  • The Jerusalem Post
  • Cox and Forkum
  • Day By Day
  • Jewish World Review
  • MidEast Truth Cartoons
  • Dry Bones
  • Step By Step
  • Greetings From The French Hill
  • Jerusalem Is The Place To Be
  • Camera
  • Israelity
  • Cross Currents
  • Slightly Mad
  • Israellycool
  • Chayyeisarah
  • Josh's Photos
  • Tel Chai Nation
  • AAFAQ
  • Good Neighbors Blog
  • The Sudanese Thinker
  • We Blog For Darfur
  • Rantings of a Sandmonkey
  • The Big Pharaoh
  • Iraq The Model
  • Previous Posts
  • Through The Time Warp To 1955
  • "There's Nothing To Do In Jerusalem"
  • Id al Adha
  • Shalom Bayit and Blogging
  • Sick Daze
  • Snow Shots
  • How Fast Can You Run In 10 Seconds?
  • Snow Days!
  • Czechoslovakia Deja Vu--the REAL reason Israel isn...
  • Oil, The Trump Card of Morality
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Jerusalem, Israel

    Powered by Blogger