Powered by WebAds

Monday, August 28, 2006

Wheeee, I've Been Tagged!

Thank you, AbbaGav .thank you--what an honor! Really! (Yes, I know we're supposed to whine but this is so much fun, how can I complain?!)

It's this month's Book Meme. Here we go!

1. Name one book that changed your life:

excerpts in translation from The Phenomenon of Man, by Teilhard de Chardin (no, of course I didn't read the whole thing--I was in high school and the excerpts were tough enough);


2. One book you've read more than once:

I assume the Magic School Bus series doesn't count? For adult reading, Checkmate by Dorothy Dunnett (as a matter of fact, I've read the entire series multiple times--eminently readable historical novels)


3. One book you'd want on a desert island:

Foxfire, Volume One--I don't need to know how to dress a hog, but the building and farming tips might come in useful;


4. One book that made you laugh:

Sex Tips For Girls by Cynthia Heimel--NOT something I'd give my daughter, but it was a gift that had me on the floor in stitches;

5. One book that made you cry:

I Never Saw Another Butterfly, Children's Drawings and Poems From Terezin Concentration Camp, ed. Hana Volakova

6. One book you wish you'd written:

Harry Potter by J.K. Rawlings, now the richest woman in the world and beloved by children and adults for her magic;

7. One book you wish had never been written:

Mein Kampf by what's-his-name, the dead guy;

8. One book you're currently reading:

The Chronicles of Amber by Roger Zelazny

9. One book you've been meaning to read:

Coming Together, Coming Apart by Daniel Gordis

10. Tag five people:

Moving On Up .

Step-By-Step

Greetings From The French Hill

Jerusalem Is The Place To Be

Israelity

In keeping with AbbaGav 's attempt to find new blood, I am turning to the folks I've been reading for the past several years. There are many of you I read regularly that aren't tagged here but only because I've seen you tagged before, so thought I'd try to find previously untagged bloggers.[ Westbankblog and Treppenwitz among others, get a pass for just that reason.]

You bloggers who I've tagged here--my apologies in advance if you've been tagged before--but I hope I've found eminently readable bloggers who haven't been victimized, oops, tagged, before who are willing to share their booklore with all of us. Keep it going!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • N:A-LI-YAH
  • Ilana-Davita
  • West Bank Mama
  • South Jerusalem
  • Daled Amos
  • Ki Yachol Nuchal!
  • What War Zone?
  • Alissa's Aliyah Adventure
  • Treppenwitz
  • The Traveller Within
  • Moving On Up
  • My Shrapnel
  • The Big Felafel
  • Jacob Richman's Home Page
  • How To Measure The Years
  • An Unsealed Room
  • Middle East Pundit
  • Meryl Yourish
  • Elder of Ziyon
  • Israel Insider
  • The Muqata
  • Zabaj
  • The Jerusalem Post
  • Cox and Forkum
  • Day By Day
  • Jewish World Review
  • MidEast Truth Cartoons
  • Dry Bones
  • Step By Step
  • Greetings From The French Hill
  • Jerusalem Is The Place To Be
  • Camera
  • Israelity
  • Cross Currents
  • Slightly Mad
  • Israellycool
  • Chayyeisarah
  • Josh's Photos
  • Tel Chai Nation
  • AAFAQ
  • Good Neighbors Blog
  • The Sudanese Thinker
  • We Blog For Darfur
  • Rantings of a Sandmonkey
  • The Big Pharaoh
  • Iraq The Model
  • Previous Posts
  • Never Miss Ulpan
  • Bottle of Wine, Fruit of the Vine...
  • In the Midst of Life....
  • Photo Day
  • Knock, knock
  • Things You Can Do To Help
  • Who Says War Has To Be Proportional?
  • Mystery Solved--How the UN Got Bombed
  • Hope For Change
  • Life, Uninterrupted
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Jerusalem, Israel

    Powered by Blogger