Powered by WebAds

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Life, Uninterrupted

I wondered if those of us outside of missile range should feel guilty, but then I read the posts of other bloggers, of news commentators, and even those under Hezbollah's guns, and I decided, no. Guilt isn't the answer. Life is the answer.

I can't undo the deaths, but I can go on living and remember the dead: the father who died seeking milk for his daughter; the men who reported for work at the railyard; the two young brothers playing in their street in Nazareth; the soldiers who tried to recover their comrades, and all the others.

My son went with his tutor to see Pirates of the Caribbean; my daughter went to the souk and ran into a family friend from our former shul; we went out to dinner with a friend from California who came here with his young son; my classmates are eating in cafes, going to the beach, shopping at Ikea.

We can't stop the conflict -- but we can go on living our lives in spite of it. Am Yisroel Chai.

2 Comments:

Blogger Toto said...

Hey there! I will surprise you with a call one day, just have been super busy. We are hoping to get our lift soon, and to get into our apartment this week, even without our stuff. We are getting couches from the in-laws, and have purchased aronot and appliances here, so with borrowing stuff from them, we could do it. We'll see.

I'll be in touch though! :)

susie

Friday, July 21, 2006 at 10:22:00 PM GMT+3  
Blogger aliyah06 said...

Good for you! My lift, after some delay, is finally arriving tomorrow! Then I have to go find bookshelves, since the biggest part of the lift is books and DVDs...clothes and linens also, and then some kitchen stuff. When you feel settled, call me and I'll meet you, okay? In the meantime, don't forget the Calgon! [grin]

Saturday, July 22, 2006 at 8:55:00 PM GMT+3  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • N:A-LI-YAH
  • Ilana-Davita
  • West Bank Mama
  • South Jerusalem
  • Daled Amos
  • Ki Yachol Nuchal!
  • What War Zone?
  • Alissa's Aliyah Adventure
  • Treppenwitz
  • The Traveller Within
  • Moving On Up
  • My Shrapnel
  • The Big Felafel
  • Jacob Richman's Home Page
  • How To Measure The Years
  • An Unsealed Room
  • Middle East Pundit
  • Meryl Yourish
  • Elder of Ziyon
  • Israel Insider
  • The Muqata
  • Zabaj
  • The Jerusalem Post
  • Cox and Forkum
  • Day By Day
  • Jewish World Review
  • MidEast Truth Cartoons
  • Dry Bones
  • Step By Step
  • Greetings From The French Hill
  • Jerusalem Is The Place To Be
  • Camera
  • Israelity
  • Cross Currents
  • Slightly Mad
  • Israellycool
  • Chayyeisarah
  • Josh's Photos
  • Tel Chai Nation
  • AAFAQ
  • Good Neighbors Blog
  • The Sudanese Thinker
  • We Blog For Darfur
  • Rantings of a Sandmonkey
  • The Big Pharaoh
  • Iraq The Model
  • Previous Posts
  • Deja Vu All Over Again
  • Map of Missile Strikes
  • Milchamah
  • Without A Car
  • Olah Chadasha At Last
  • We're Here!!
  • 13 Days and Counting
  • What's In A Name?
  • Memorial
  • The News From Home
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Jerusalem, Israel

    Powered by Blogger