Powered by WebAds

Saturday, August 01, 2009

How To Get Your Own Free Personal Trainer

Anyone with a gym membership, or who at least spends some time in such places, knows that nearly every gym provides a "personal trainer" to design a fitness program for you. This can be a one-time meeting, usually as a courtesy of the gym, or you can pay for the privilege of having your own private coach.

Before I married, I tried this out. It was a lot of work, and I discovered that I could probably have lost the same 5 lbs on my own without the coaching had I just followed the program he outlined for me.

After that, paying for a personal trainer was decidedly not in my budget--stepchildren and new baby were the new priorities.

However, the gym at which I currently wage Pool Wars does have a personal trainer program.

And I've discovered through my almost-daily attendance that, given the right circumstances, a member can get it for free. The secret? Be female, be blonde and be beautiful.

I don't begrudge her the attention--really! I just find myself trying not to fall off the stairmaster because I'm laughing at the site of BOTH trainers hovering over the Blonde Buxom Beauty as she is spread-eagled on one of our new machines, while two other male members of the gym also crowd in to offer their advice. Apparently the site of a slightly sweaty, disheveled Dolly-Parton-esque type lying on her back, breathing heavily, arms akimbo as she tried to push the weight bar of the machine up, caused a rush of male chivalry to "help" her......

Needless to say, most of the rest of our female membership (40+ and paunchy) needs to pay for this kind of "help."

5 Comments:

Blogger Batya said...

Actively ogling and helping aren't always the same.

Sunday, August 2, 2009 at 6:52:00 AM GMT+3  
Blogger aliyah06 said...

Hence my laughter---these guys were falling over each other to "help" but mostly getting in the way.....

Sunday, August 2, 2009 at 10:26:00 AM GMT+3  
Blogger Mo-ha-med said...

Doesn't that mean that those men were drawn to a woman who wasn't dressed up and (most likely) not wearing make-up?

See, they're not shallow at all!

Tuesday, August 4, 2009 at 7:19:00 AM GMT+3  
Blogger Baila said...

Sigh. I never get offered free training sessions. And I bet I could use it alot more than your blonde friend...

Wednesday, August 5, 2009 at 8:42:00 PM GMT+3  
Blogger aliyah06 said...

Mohamed: you would be surprised; she wasn't as "dressed up" as some, but few western women leave the home without makeup, even to go to the gym. I've been in gyms where the workout clothes are designer fashion statements (not MY clothes--I always wear frumpy stuff).

Baila: don't feel alone--me, neither and I could definitely use free "training."

Thursday, August 6, 2009 at 8:00:00 PM GMT+3  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • N:A-LI-YAH
  • Ilana-Davita
  • West Bank Mama
  • South Jerusalem
  • Daled Amos
  • Ki Yachol Nuchal!
  • What War Zone?
  • Alissa's Aliyah Adventure
  • Treppenwitz
  • The Traveller Within
  • Moving On Up
  • My Shrapnel
  • The Big Felafel
  • Jacob Richman's Home Page
  • How To Measure The Years
  • An Unsealed Room
  • Middle East Pundit
  • Meryl Yourish
  • Elder of Ziyon
  • Israel Insider
  • The Muqata
  • Zabaj
  • The Jerusalem Post
  • Cox and Forkum
  • Day By Day
  • Jewish World Review
  • MidEast Truth Cartoons
  • Dry Bones
  • Step By Step
  • Greetings From The French Hill
  • Jerusalem Is The Place To Be
  • Camera
  • Israelity
  • Cross Currents
  • Slightly Mad
  • Israellycool
  • Chayyeisarah
  • Josh's Photos
  • Tel Chai Nation
  • AAFAQ
  • Good Neighbors Blog
  • The Sudanese Thinker
  • We Blog For Darfur
  • Rantings of a Sandmonkey
  • The Big Pharaoh
  • Iraq The Model
  • Previous Posts
  • More Desecration.....
  • More Pallywood Big Lies
  • Settlements: The Answer To Khartoum
  • More MSM Shenanigans
  • Progress (Of A Sort) In Hebrew
  • Taxi Tales
  • If You Can Tear Yourselves Away....
  • Pool Wars
  • My Life As A Critic
  • J'Accuse! Ilan Halimi and French Justice
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Jerusalem, Israel

    Powered by Blogger