Powered by WebAds

Friday, July 25, 2008

It's About Time

I needed a break from the computer. Not only does blogging every day take time out of the day, but reading every news item on every news link and every blogger I like and even bloggers I think are out-and-out wrong about life in Israel, all take an enormous chunk out of the day.

How the @%#$ does Treppenwitz do it so easily?

I think it hit me when I left the office one night and my husband said, "Who are you?"

Tommy Smothers once famously said, "Life is what happens while you're making other plans."

In my case, life was passing me by while I glued myself to a keyboard and computer screen. It was like work, but without the coffee break.

My son needed medical attention; my son also needed a mom who wasn't always in the back room glued to the computer. Turns out my husband wanted more of my company as well. It's nice to be wanted, but somehow I need to find a balance between time with family and time to keep up with Susie, David, et al in the blogosphere.

What finally kicked me into gear was the upcoming JBlogger Convention (http://www.nbn.org.il/bloggers/)here in Israel---how can I possibly hold my head up with no recent posted copy? Going without writing is like going under false pretenses.

Time to hit the keyboard again.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back!
Shirli
Canada

Saturday, July 26, 2008 at 4:55:00 PM GMT+3  
Blogger Jack Steiner said...

Welcome back.

Monday, July 28, 2008 at 8:47:00 PM GMT+3  
Blogger Baila said...

When I saw you commenting over Gila's, I thought, maybe she's back. I'm glad. I was hoping everything was okay. I agree with you about the blogging thing, I do feel like an addict, and it does take away from other important things. On the other hand I rarely watch TV anymore.

Looking forward to meeting you at the convention.

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 at 6:29:00 AM GMT+3  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • N:A-LI-YAH
  • Ilana-Davita
  • West Bank Mama
  • South Jerusalem
  • Daled Amos
  • Ki Yachol Nuchal!
  • What War Zone?
  • Alissa's Aliyah Adventure
  • Treppenwitz
  • The Traveller Within
  • Moving On Up
  • My Shrapnel
  • The Big Felafel
  • Jacob Richman's Home Page
  • How To Measure The Years
  • An Unsealed Room
  • Middle East Pundit
  • Meryl Yourish
  • Elder of Ziyon
  • Israel Insider
  • The Muqata
  • Zabaj
  • The Jerusalem Post
  • Cox and Forkum
  • Day By Day
  • Jewish World Review
  • MidEast Truth Cartoons
  • Dry Bones
  • Step By Step
  • Greetings From The French Hill
  • Jerusalem Is The Place To Be
  • Camera
  • Israelity
  • Cross Currents
  • Slightly Mad
  • Israellycool
  • Chayyeisarah
  • Josh's Photos
  • Tel Chai Nation
  • AAFAQ
  • Good Neighbors Blog
  • The Sudanese Thinker
  • We Blog For Darfur
  • Rantings of a Sandmonkey
  • The Big Pharaoh
  • Iraq The Model
  • Previous Posts
  • Emek HaElah
  • A Time To Mourn
  • Our Adventure in Hebrew Bank Documents
  • How We (Almost) Got A Free House
  • The Real "Legitimate Resistance"
  • The Line Thing
  • New Kid On The Block
  • TW3
  • Australia's ABC and Palestinian Myth-Making
  • Yored Geshem
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Jerusalem, Israel

    Powered by Blogger