Powered by WebAds

Monday, November 26, 2007

Less Kvetching, Please

After several more days of playing games around the Final Check, the Buyers' attorney finally delivered the bank checks to our attorney this morning!

It's a relief to know that now I can pay our own builder, as well as all the materialmen and subcontractors we've paid deposits to.....I will no longer have nightmares at night about buying our apartment on the credit card!

I actually had that nightmare--I dreamed that the credit card bill came in the mail (which is impossible--we have it set up online) and I opened it, and the entire purchase price of the home was on the bill with a notation below it which said Due In 30 Days Net.

I sat straight up in bed at 0130 in the morning! Could NOT get back to sleep after that one. I went and read in the living room until 5:00 am.

Then today, we found out a friend's mother died; another friend's grandmother fell and broke her hip, which at her age is deadly--she's in the hospital; and another friend may need a serious operation.

Every once in a while, as I'm running around going crazy over finances, house-deals, medical stuff, ulpan and life generally, I have a day like today where out of the blue I hear about other people's problems which are far more heartbreaking and important than anything I'm kvetching about.......it's a gentle slap from H"S, reminding me that the world is really NOT about me; that on this beautiful Fall day, maybe I should just shut up and enjoy the scenery and be grateful for where I am and what I have.

Consider it done, Boss.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

Let's just say I am apart of the "AMEN" choir in response to your post!!! I am so grateful for so many things, that any bumps in the road are perceived by me as stop gaps to enjoy the journey even more. I am just relieved to hear that you finally received your check...'I am doing the happy dance for you guys' (wink,wink,wink)!

Love to all!

Monday, November 26, 2007 at 8:00:00 PM GMT+2  
Blogger Toto said...

happy dance here too for you! And take a deep breath, often bads come in 3s and it seems that unfortunately you've heard about 3 bads today that have happened to people in your life. I hope that they are followed by many more "goods" for you and yours. HUGS CHICA!

(and btw, it is a beautiful day, isn't it? :) )

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 at 2:53:00 PM GMT+2  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • N:A-LI-YAH
  • Ilana-Davita
  • West Bank Mama
  • South Jerusalem
  • Daled Amos
  • Ki Yachol Nuchal!
  • What War Zone?
  • Alissa's Aliyah Adventure
  • Treppenwitz
  • The Traveller Within
  • Moving On Up
  • My Shrapnel
  • The Big Felafel
  • Jacob Richman's Home Page
  • How To Measure The Years
  • An Unsealed Room
  • Middle East Pundit
  • Meryl Yourish
  • Elder of Ziyon
  • Israel Insider
  • The Muqata
  • Zabaj
  • The Jerusalem Post
  • Cox and Forkum
  • Day By Day
  • Jewish World Review
  • MidEast Truth Cartoons
  • Dry Bones
  • Step By Step
  • Greetings From The French Hill
  • Jerusalem Is The Place To Be
  • Camera
  • Israelity
  • Cross Currents
  • Slightly Mad
  • Israellycool
  • Chayyeisarah
  • Josh's Photos
  • Tel Chai Nation
  • AAFAQ
  • Good Neighbors Blog
  • The Sudanese Thinker
  • We Blog For Darfur
  • Rantings of a Sandmonkey
  • The Big Pharaoh
  • Iraq The Model
  • Previous Posts
  • How Do You Misplace A Kitchen?
  • Negotiations, Israeli-Style
  • Blood Libel Redux
  • The Strike
  • Excuses, Excuses
  • What Makes Marriage Work?
  • The Undiscovered Country in Heating Solutions
  • "What Will You Do With All Your Time?"
  • The (Other) Ten Commandments
  • Nicotine Withdrawal
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Jerusalem, Israel

    Powered by Blogger