Powered by WebAds

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

It's Here!

The Lift is coming! Yay!

The Lift is coming? Oy vey!

Yes, tomorrow I gallop off to Haifa to process whatever mysterious paperwork is wanted by the import company: passports (US and Israeli) Teudats zehut, teudat oleh (mine), apartment contract, packing lists and, of course----the checkbook.

Have you ever noticed that things don't happen one-thing-at-a-time? Bituach Leumi stuff overlapped house-selling/buying stuff; we're now renewing our lease with our landlord, who is being gracious and reasonable to date and in the midst of these negotiations, we get an email from the import company saying "call us--your stuff is arriving Friday."

Lots of notice, huh? Last I heard, they were going to email me when the ship left New York -- clearly THAT didn't happen.

I have a dear friend's daughter (also a dear friend) arriving Monday; I'm seeing Susie and going ceramic/kitchen/bathroom/air-conditioning-units hunting on Sunday; I have school clothes shopping yet to do next week (special ed schools do NOT strike, although this morning's radio broadcast made rumbles about the rest of the school system m a y b e striking (again) so the Boy will be starting on time and needs stuff that actually fits.) Somewhere in all of this I'm supposed to receive a lift and unpack it?!!

I'll manage. Somehow. I am Woman, Hear Me Shout (and whine and whimper and bellyache and pull my hair out by the roots....)

I should look on the bright side. I have furniture and books. Lots of the world has neither, nor a place to put them in. So, I should be grateful that I have such "problems."

3 Comments:

Blogger Esther said...

Mazal tov! I suppose we'll meet after you're (almost) finished with your "lift". If I can help, please call me or leave a message.

Esther

Wednesday, August 22, 2007 at 4:06:00 PM GMT+3  
Blogger Jill said...

Too true-hence the saying,"When it rains it pours!" Dad, had another saying, "Busy hands are happy hands." Sounds like you are going to be...'over joyed'! Take good care and try not to over do.

Wednesday, August 22, 2007 at 6:33:00 PM GMT+3  
Blogger Jack Steiner said...

Furniture and books- who could need anything more.

Friday, August 24, 2007 at 6:44:00 AM GMT+3  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • N:A-LI-YAH
  • Ilana-Davita
  • West Bank Mama
  • South Jerusalem
  • Daled Amos
  • Ki Yachol Nuchal!
  • What War Zone?
  • Alissa's Aliyah Adventure
  • Treppenwitz
  • The Traveller Within
  • Moving On Up
  • My Shrapnel
  • The Big Felafel
  • Jacob Richman's Home Page
  • How To Measure The Years
  • An Unsealed Room
  • Middle East Pundit
  • Meryl Yourish
  • Elder of Ziyon
  • Israel Insider
  • The Muqata
  • Zabaj
  • The Jerusalem Post
  • Cox and Forkum
  • Day By Day
  • Jewish World Review
  • MidEast Truth Cartoons
  • Dry Bones
  • Step By Step
  • Greetings From The French Hill
  • Jerusalem Is The Place To Be
  • Camera
  • Israelity
  • Cross Currents
  • Slightly Mad
  • Israellycool
  • Chayyeisarah
  • Josh's Photos
  • Tel Chai Nation
  • AAFAQ
  • Good Neighbors Blog
  • The Sudanese Thinker
  • We Blog For Darfur
  • Rantings of a Sandmonkey
  • The Big Pharaoh
  • Iraq The Model
  • Previous Posts
  • The Rumors of War
  • The Dead Sea Trip
  • Paying It Forward
  • A Day At The Zoo
  • SOLD!!
  • To Volunteer or Not....
  • Everything Is Negotiable
  • Comments Broken
  • Why I Hate The Breast Stroke
  • Forgetting Farenheit
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Jerusalem, Israel

    Powered by Blogger